This event is currently not scheduled. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact us via the form below.
The Quill Consultancy
This two-day course is appropriate for you if you have not previously used a relational database, or you use an Access database that has been created by someone else and you need to know how it all works, or you are self taught and wish to improve your understanding of the techniques and features of Access so you can get the most out of it.
It is assumed you have good general computing skills and are familiar with the Windows environment.
At Course Completion
At the completion of the course, you should be able to create a multi-table database, add, edit and delete records, produce useful queries, forms and reports and write simple macros to automate basic tasks. You should also have a basic understanding of database design concepts.
- the Access interface
- the objects in the main Database container
- basic relational database theory
- creating tables
- data types and field properties
- design view and datasheet view
- adding, editing and deleting records
- creating lookup values in tables
- creating relationships between tables
- type of relationships
- accessing data from outside Access
- creating select queries (crosstab, totals and calculated field queries)
- parameter queries
- creating simple action queries (append, delete, make table and update)
- creating and editing forms and reports
- multi-table forms
- including graphs in reports
- printing database objects
- backing up database objects
- simple macros