This event is currently not scheduled. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact us via the form below.
The Quill Consultancy
About this course
Microsoft Teams is the hub for Teamwork in Microsoft 365. In this one day course you will learn how to plan, deploy and manage Microsoft Teams. Specifically, this course discusses the relationship of Teams with SharePoint, OneDrive and Office 365 Groups. It provides best practices for the adoption and deployment of Teams within your organization. It also covers how to establish guest policies and data governance for your Teams data.
This course wasdesigned for IT Professionals who manage and deploy Microsoft Teams in their organization.
This is the third in a series of four courses for the Teamwork administrator. These courses help prepare for the exam MS-300: Deploying Microsoft 365 Teamwork.
This course is for the Microsoft 365 teamwork administrator role. The role is responsible for configuring, deploying, and managing Office 365 and Azure workloads that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and adoption. They manage apps, services, and supporting infrastructure to meet business requirements. The administrator is aware of and can differentiate between products and services but may not directly manage each product or service.
The Teamwork administrator must be able to deploy, manage, migrate, and secure SharePoint (online, on-premises, and hybrid), OneDrive, and Teams.
The Teamwork administrator has a fundamental understanding of integration points with the following apps and services: Office, PowerApps, Flow, Yammer, Microsoft Graph, Stream, Planner, and Project. The administrator understands how to integrate third-party apps and services including line-of-business applications.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan for a Microsoft 365 Teams deployment.
- Configure Office 365 for Teams.
- Configure teams and channels in Microsoft Teams.
- Manage user access to Teams.
- Configure Teams for meetings.
- Establish a data governance strategy for Teams data.
Module 1: Plan a Microsoft Teams Deployment
This module is all about planning for Microsoft Teams. It discusses how users will authenticate to use Teams to best practices for deploying teams in your organization.
- Getting Started with Teams
- Deploying Teams
- Teams and Channels
- Authentication and Access
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Explain how Teams interacts with SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, and OneDrive.
- Describe the different Teams clients and how they can be used.
- Describe how to prepare your network for Teams traffic.
- Describe best practices steps to deploy Microsoft Teams.
- Define objectives, risks, and key results for your Teams deployment.
- Describe the different capabilities of the different roles in Teams.
- Describe how teams and channels are used to organize content in Microsoft Teams.
Module 2: Configure Microsoft Teams
This module explains how to set up and configure Microsoft Teams. It discusses the use of tabs, bots and connectors in Teams. It introduces concepts related to managing meetings in Teams.
- Set up Microsoft Teams in Office 365
- Apps in Microsoft Teams
- Meetings in Teams
Lab : Configuring Microsoft Teams
- Set up Microsoft Teams in Office 365.
- Describe and administer apps in Microsoft Teams.
- Utilize bots and tabs within Teams.
- Describe and use connectors in Teams.
- Describe meeting concepts in Teams.
- Describe the devices available to facilitate meetings in Teams.
Module 3: Manage the Teams Environment
This module is focused on managing Microsoft Teams. Specifically, we discuss security and compliance as well as privacy and data governance. While this course does not cover voice calling explicitly this module discusses quality of service-related topics.
- Privacy and Governance
- Security and Compliance
- Management and Reporting
- Describe the security and compliance features available for Teams.
- Describe how Microsoft Intune can be used to secure Teams data on mobile devices.
- Conduct audit log and content searches for Teams.
- Describe Microsoft’s approach to data privacy in Office 365.
- View Office 365 reports that measure Teams usage.
- Enable Quality of Service for Microsoft Teams.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Basic understanding of mobile device management, and alternative operating systems (Android and macOS).
Experience with Windows PowerShell.
Would you like additional information about this event ?