Date(s) - 02/03/2020
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Quill Consultancy
Power BI Introduction
Power BI is a flexible and powerful data analysis tool from Microsoft. Designed with a focus on connectivity and visual engagement, Power BI can help you discover and share new Insights from your data, and keep your colleagues informed with engaging, exciting reports. This course provides students with an Introduction to the Power BI platform to kickstart their data analysis journey. Students will learn how to create stunning visualisations, upload reports, dashboards and explore their data from a variety of data sources.
At Course Completion
After completing this course Students will be able to:
- Describe the features and architecture of Power BI
- Download and use Power BI Desktop.
- Explain the different Power BI licensing options.
- Import Data from a variety of Sources with Power BI Desktop
- Optimise the Power BI data Model
- Create stunning visualisations
- Create and manage relationships in their data
- Build and upload Reports
- Create Dashboards
- Use Natural Language Queries to shape their data and build visualisations.
- Construct formulas to extend their data and gain new Insights
It is assumed attendees have good general computing skills, and are familiar with the Windows environment.
In addition, attendees should have some experience working with data in Excel, Databases or Text files.
This Course will cover the following topics:
- Power BI Architecture & features
- Licensing Options
- Loading Data
- Transforming Data
- Creating Custom Columns
- Creating Measures
- Creating Visualisations
- Working with Maps
- Building Reports
- Uploading Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Creating Dashboards
- Using Natural Language Queries
Bookings are closed for this event.