This event is currently not scheduled. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact us via the form below.
In this three-day, hands-on training course, you explore the new features and enhancements in VMware vCenter Server® 7.0 and VMware ESXi™ 7.0. Real-world use-case deployment scenarios, hands-on lab exercises, and lectures teach you the skills that you need to effectively implement and configure VMware vSphere® 7.
This course is recommended for customers who want to deploy vSphere 7 in their existing vSphere environment.
• VMware ESXi 7.0
• VMware vCenter Server 7.0
Attending this course allows candidates who hold a valid VCP-DCV 2019 to upgrade to VCP-DCV 2020 without taking the certification exam.
System architects, system administrators, IT managers, VMware partners, and individuals responsible for implementing and managing vSphere architectures
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Recognize the importance of key features and enhancements in vSphere 6.7 update releases and vSphere 7
- Migrate a vCenter Server system for Windows to VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ 7.0
- Upgrade a vCenter Server instance to vSphere 7
- Describe vCenter Server, VMware ESXi™, storage, network, virtual machine, and security enhancements in vSphere 7
- Update templates in the content library
- Use Identity Federation to configure vCenter Server to use external identity sources
- Use the VMware vSphere® Client™ to manage certificates
- Use VMware vSphere® Trust Authority™ to secure the infrastructure for encrypted VMs
- Use VMware vSphere® Lifecycle Manager™ to manage vSphere deployments and updates
- Describe the cloning and migration operations on encrypted VMs
- Describe the purpose of scalable shares and the improvements to vSphere DRS
- Describe how to change the IP address or FQDN of vCenter Server
- Identify new hardware device support in ESXi 7.0
- Recognize the enhancements available with VM compatibility version 17
- Recognize the importance of containers and Kubernetes in a modern data center
This course requires completion of one the following courses or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting
The course material presumes that you can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Install and configure ESXi
- Install vCenter Server
- Create vCenter Server objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create and manage vCenter Server roles and permissions
- Create and modify a standard switchCreate and modify a distributed switch
- Connect an ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
- Use a content library template to create a virtual machine
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ cluster
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster
- Use VMware vSphere® Update ManagerTM to apply patches and perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and
If you cannot complete these tasks, VMware recommends that you instead take the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] course.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Would you like additional information about this event ?