Date(s) - 10/09/2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Quill Consultancy
This one-day course is appropriate for you if you have a basic knowledge of Word and you want to refine your understanding of word processing. You should be familiar with formatting a document, using tables, saving documents, page layout and margins.
It is assumed you have attended our introductory Word course (or similar) or have the equivalent knowledge. See Word Introduction course outline.
- a more detailed exploration of character and paragraph formatting
- refining layouts
- using the tables and borders toolbar
- merging cells in tables
- making calculations in tables
- creating and using styles
- working with document templates
- using the Organizer
- headers and footers
- different types of breaks – page, section, continuous and column
- page numbering
- multiple columns
- inserting fields
- mail merge
- using word fields in a mail merge
- automatic numbering
- bookmarks, cross-references and hyperlinks
- customising word
At the completion of the course, you should be able to create more complex tables, use templates and styles, complete a mail merge from scratch and work with longer complex documents, including page numbering, bookmarks, hyperlinks and cross-references.
This course covers Word versions 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 on the PC, and 2011 and 2016 on the Mac.
This event is fully booked.