Custom training programs are crucial in helping employees stay competitive for the company. It is the workforce that will define and bring the business to the next level. You cannot deny the importance of a training program. But it does take precious time away from employees. They have a lot of things to take care of and their workload will not decrease just because they are required to go through training programs.
This is why it is important to make your training courses as visually appealing as possible. You want to make sure that what they will learn will not overwhelm them and make them feel more stressed with their work. The best way to do this is to ensure that they will have a great time during the training program. You can do this by using the right visual elements that can improve the learning experience of the employees while going through the custom training program.
There are many options to choose from if you really want to use visual elements for your course. Here is the list of must-haves that will make your training program more effective.
- Font. Since fonts are responsible for the words and text in the course, it seems like it should not be part of the “visual elements.” Well, you cannot go without using any text in your course so you need to be conscious of how the text will appear in the course. That means choosing the right font. It is admittedly overlooked by a lot of course creators. Using the right font will help you highlight important words and key phrases that the employees should focus on. Take note that the font will also contribute to the whole look of the course. You want to make sure that you use the right color combinations and layout so the whole thing becomes visually appealing.
- Images. Obviously, you need images in your custom training course. And it is not just any other image. It has to be relevant to the concept or lesson that you are discussing. A photo can speak volumes about a subject – much more than a text so make sure you choose the right one.
- Infographics. This is a great way to simplify and creatively present complex or lengthy data. It will help employees understand everything easily. Not only that, it can be used to visualize a process or operation that is currently being introduced. It combines text and graphics to highlight the important elements of the lesson.
- Timelines. This is usually needed when discussing historical data. Instead of using a simple table with dates and the corresponding event, you can make it interactive. Highlight dates and make the employee click on these to find out what happened during those times. You can also use images or pop-ups.
- Buttons. Obviously, an online training course would require buttons that will help them navigate back and forth. These buttons should be easily recognizable to the employees. Not only that, it should let them know where it will take them if they decide to click it. The layout and design of the buttons will help make it stand out.
- Online menu. This will also help the employee navigate the custom training program. This should also be visually appealing and easy to go back to whenever the employee feels lost in the middle of the course. If they also want to check their progress, they can also use this to help orient themselves and see how far they have come in the course.
Think about these visual elements when creating the custom training course for the business. While you are not expected to use all of them, you are encouraged to use as much as you can – depending on what the course will need.
Image courtesy of KROMKRATHOG for FreeDigitalPhotos.net